About the Hosts
Australasian Sleep Association
The Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) is the peak scientific body in Australia and New Zealand representing clinicians, scientists and researchers in the broad area of Sleep. Its many functions include:
- Promoting education and training in sleep health and sleep medicine within its membership
- Fostering research
- Establishing clinical guidelines
A company limited by guarantee, ASA is run by a Board of Directors, consisting of elected members of the Association.
Provision of world standard research, education and training, and establishment of clinical standards to ensure clinical best practice in sleep medicine resulting in an informed community with healthy sleep practices.
"The mission of the Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) is to lead and promote sleep health and sleep science in Australia and New Zealand and to facilitate the professional development of its members by providing education and training, fostering research and establishing clinical standards within the field."
In order to achieve its Mission, the ASA will:
- Promote Education and Training in sleep health and sleep science within its membership and the other health related professions
- Foster Research in sleep health and sleep science
- Establish Clinical Standards within the profession and industry
- Be the recognised Voice of sleep expertise
- Advocate for the professional development of members
- Keep members and the community Informed about all matters relating to sleep health and sleep science
- Provide Services to members
Australasian Sleep Technologist Association
The Australasian Sleep Technologist Association is an organisation representing professionals working in the fields of sleep medicine or sleep research. Most of our members reside in Australia and New Zealand with some members working abroad. The aims of ASTA are to:
- Serve as a professional representative body
- Encourage and facilitate communication among individuals working in the fields of sleep medicine and sleep research and other interested parties
- Promote and continually develop best practice and optimal minimum standards of practice and patient care
- Play a key role in the field's development, in collaboration with other relevant bodies
- To provide sleep technologists with the resources which ensure the safe, accurate diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders.
- ASTA will become the primary professional resource for all sleep technologists.
- Improve the quality of care provided by ASTA members.
- Conduct duties in an ethical and accountable manner.
- Increase the standing of Sleep Technology as a health profession.