Submissions for Symposia, Plenary and Short Courses for Sleep DownUnder 2023 are now open. The deadline for submissions is 9.00pm AEST on Monday 17 April 2023.
- Minor changes to accepted submissions will be considered following consultation with the Organising Committee until 21 August 2023. No changes will be permitted after this date.
SHORT COURSE SUBMISSIONS
- Short Course proposals should be typed into this template and uploaded to the online proposal form.
- Short Courses will be held on Wednesday 8 November and are 6 hours duration, excluding breaks.
- It is recommended that Short Courses be developed as interactive workshops to maximise learning.
- Please complete the submission form, including the conflict of interest form, in full. INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- The Meeting or Education Committee reserves the right to contact the course facilitator to discuss content and/or presenters to ensure outcomes meet ASA requirements.
- It is anticipated that all Short Courses may be recorded for live streaming and educational purposes after the event.
Please note: Short Courses must be deemed to be, at minimum, cost neutral to the ASA to be considered. On average, break even occurs at 30 registrants. Please consider whether your course has the potential to attract 30 or more registrants before submitting.
PLENARY AND SYMPOSIA SUBMISSIONS
- Session proposals should be typed into this template and uploaded to the online proposal form.
- First launched in 2019 and continued this year is the option to submit a Year in Review session as a Symposia Session Proposal. Please indicate this on the proposal form and when selecting the Session Type.
- Plenary and Symposium sessions are 1½ hours duration (maximum 4 speakers).
- If nominating your submission for a Plenary Session, please ensure it is relevant to the entire membership. Submissions relevant to specific special interest groups will automatically be considered for a Symposium.
- Please complete the submission form, including the conflict of interest form, in full. INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- The Organising Committee reserves the right to suggest combining two or more submissions if they are deemed too similar for separate sessions.
- It is anticipated that all Symposia and Plenaries may be recorded for educational purposes after the event.
INVITATION TO NATIONAL SPEAKERS
You are encouraged to invite national speakers* outside the membership of ASA/ANZSSA to present during your Plenary or Symposium Session. Funding is available to one speaker per submission. The Meeting will provide each National Speaker with the following benefits:
- Non-ASA/ANZSSA members – reimbursement of up to AUD$1,000 to cover accommodation and/or travel expenses
- Complimentary registration for the day of the presentation
- Applications for funding can be made within the proposal form. All funding applications will be considered by the Organising Committee however is not guaranteed
* Includes speakers from both Australia and New Zealand
Please note – funding is not available for ASA/ANZSSA members.